Annual Benefit 2011 Announced for May 4 2011
Each year the Center holds its Annual Cocktail Benefit to raise nearly half of its operating costs. At the Benefit, we give awards to leading professionals in Business, Design, and Public Service.
This year, we will hold our Benefit on Wednesday May 4, 2011, from 6 - 8 PM at the Atrium Shops and Cafés, 53rd Street and Lexington Avenue.
Our Business honoree is Jonathan Mechanic (Fried Frank) along with David Rockwell (The Rockwell Group) for design and Robert LiMandri (Commissioner of New York City Buildings) for Public Service. Plus, Robert Selsam will receive a Special Recognition Award for Service to the Center.
Please consider sponsoring at the following levels:
- $25,000 (15 guest tickets) supports the Center's flagship program, GLOBE [Guided Learning through Our Built Environment], a multi-year partnership with New York City public schools
- $15,000 (10 guest tickets) provides professional development for teachers in the Salvadori method of using real-world applications to teach math and science
- $10,000 (8 guest tickets) supports after-school engineering programs for under-served students at New York City Housing Authority community centers
- $5,000 (4 guest tickets) helps publish and distribute books and lesson plans to teachers around the world
Additionally, you can donate:
- Auction Items: submit an exciting, tax-deductible gift for our silent auction.